Hand Held Hedge Trimmer Training
Become a certified operator with our hand-held hedge trimmer course.
Overview in brief
Hand-held hedge trimmers are effective and flexible pieces of equipment. Their mobility makes them versatile but also increases the potential for accidents.
Our one-day course will teach you to use the tool safely and correctly. It’s ideal if you’re looking to update your skills or keep on top of the latest work-based health and safety regulations.
The finer details
Our experienced instructors will teach you to use the trimmer safely and with confidence. The trainee will be guided through all the health and safety requirements and the understanding of the machine and its capabilities. You’ll then tackle practical, hands-on sessions.
This programme is an integrated training and assessment course, so you’ll receive a certificate once it’s completed.
- Health, safety, welfare, and legislation
- Personal protective equipment (PPE)
- Hedge trimmer safety features
- Anti-vibration system
- Power unit maintenance
- Operating the hedge trimmer
Who should attend?
Our one-day training course is for anyone employed in the agriculture, horticulture, landscaping, and grounds maintenance industry that currently operates, or will be required to operate a hand-held hedge trimmer.
What will be covered?
By the end of the course, you’ll be able to:
- Produce a site-specific risk assessment for hedge trimming Stating the principles of HSE legislation and safety guidelines for using a hedge trimmer (P.U.W.E.R 1998)
- Select the appropriate PPE and state the maintenance requirements
- Carry out operator checks and identify key controls and functions of a hedge trimmer
- Prepare machine prior to operation
- Carry out routine operator maintenance
- Start the machine and carry out safety checks prior to use
- Prepare work site
- Use approved techniques to trim hedge
- State the environmental and wildlife considerations when trimming hedges
- State the different types of hedges and finishes
- State the correct disposal methods for the trimmings.