Winter Maintenance (up to 7.5 tonnes) Training
Overview in brief
Winter maintenance plays a crucial role in our everyday lives. Not only does it ensure we avoid disruption but it also keeps us safe and on the move. However, with this role comes great responsibility. Our dedicated two-day winter maintenance course will equip you with the knowledge and skills to operate machines safely and effectively.
The finer details
This is an integrated training and assessment course. Understanding all the relevant regulation and safety requirements is key. You’ll be taught the need for the correct protective clothing and how best to maintain a safe working environment.
A certificate of competence will be awarded once you complete the course. Course sessions:
- Health and Safety/Legislation
- Hazards and Hypothermia
- Substances and Alternatives
- Methods of Application and Snow Clearance
- Working Safely
- Practical Operation
Our course will last at least 2 days.
Who should attend?
Anyone who needs to carry out Winter Maintenance tasks. You will need to be an experienced vehicle operator with the necessary licences & qualifications/certifications if you will be using any type of vehicle to complete the winter maintenance tasks. If you will be using hand held equipment then anyone can attend.
What will be covered?
By the end of the course, you’ll:
- Be able to develop your career by carrying out Gritting/salting/Brine Spraying & Snow Ploughing
- Work safely, effectively and efficiently, reducing risks to yourself and others
- Have the knowledge and practical skills to carry out winter maintenance and ice clearance safely and effectively.